Hello, in this blog post I will explain you about how you can easily link your Aadhaar card number to your bank account.
As you know, the Government has made it necessary to link your Aadhaar number to bank accounts and you have to do this before 31st March 2018. ICICI bank customers can link their Aadhaar number to the bank account in many ways such as through Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, SMS, and branch.
Follow the below steps to link your Aadhaar card number with your ICICI bank account one by one-
1) – Via Internet banking
- Login to Icici bank internet banking account through enter your username and password
- Go to customer service tab and select “service requests”
- Click on “update your Aadhaar number with bank account” option available under Bank account
- Select your account number then enter 12 digit Aadhaar card number and click on “submit”
The provided details by you will be updated in ICICI bank system and they will verify it manually, once your details verified you will get confirmation from ICICI bank in your email address or SMS on your registered mobile number with ICICI bank.
To know about complete procedure of using ICICI Bank Internet Banking, Click here
2) – Via Mobile Banking
To avail this facility you must have installed iMobile App which is powered by ICICI bank on your mobile. for download App, simply SMS from your registered mobile number – iMobile and send to 5676766
- Open iMobile App on your mobile, verify your details and login to account through either 4 digit login PIN or existing Netbanking user ID
- After logged in, click on “Services” option available on right bottom
- Select “Instabanking Services” and click on “Update Aadhaar”
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and click on “submit”
- Once your details verified you will get confirmation from ICICI bank in your email address or SMS on your registered mobile number with ICICI bank.
3) – Via SMS
This facility is enabled only for Icici Bank’s customers registered for mobile alerts. simply follow the steps-
- You need to send an SMS to the 9215676766 for Aadhaar request as per below format. The syntax for sending the SMS is given below, Just type –
Aadhaar<Space><Aadhaar no.><Space>Account<Space><last 6 digits of A/C number>
- After successful registration of Aadhaar number, You will receive an SMS in your mobile inbox.
4) – Via Bank Branch
If you don’t have internet banking facility and you want to link your Aadhaar card with ICICI bank account then you have to do it manually. You have to visit the nearest ICICI bank branch along with Original and Xerox copy of your Aadhaar Card & Bank Passbook/Bank Account Statement.
- Get the application form from counter, or you can download Aadhaar card Linking form with Icici bank
- Fill the application form accordingly, attached xerox copies with it and submit to the bank official
- Bank officer might take a look at your original documents for verification purpose
- The officer will keep the form and provide lower portion receipt of it
- Once the verification completed, you will get confirmation from ICICI bank in your email address or SMS on your registered mobile number with ICICI bank.
So, these are few simple ways to “Link Aadhaar Card number to ICICI Bank Account”. If you have any questions or suggestions about this post, please feel free to write in below comment box.
You can Also Check:
How To Link Aadhaar card number to your Axis Bank Account? Click here
How To Link Aadhaar card number to your HDFC Bank Account? Click here
How To Link Aadhaar card number to your Kotak Bank Account? Click here