Link Aadhaar card number to your HDFC Bank Account
Hello, in this blog post I will explain you about how you can easily Link Aadhaar card number to your HDFC Bank Account.
Aadhaar system provides single source online identity verification across the India for the residents. Now the government has made quoting of Aadhaar mandatory for the opening of bank accounts as well as for any financial transaction of Rs 50,000 and above.
Follow the below steps to update your Aadhaar card number with your HDFC bank account. You can update Aadhaar card number to HDFC Bank account by few simple ways-
So, don’t waste your precious time lets start one by one-
1) – Via Internet banking
- Login to your HDFC NetBanking account
- Go to ‘Account’, select ‘Requests’ and click on ‘View or Update Aadhaar number’
- Choose the account where you would like to link your Aadhaar number and input your Aadhaar number. You need to re-enter the same and click on ‘Update’
- You will be displayed all details entered by you and need to click on ‘Confirm’ to submit the record.
- Your Aadhaar number will be updated with us post validation in 3-4 working days.
To know about complete procedure of using HDFC Bank Internet Banking, Click here
2) – Via Phone Banking IVR
To update Aadhaar card number with your HDFC bank account by Phone Banking IVR, you need to call the Phone Banking IVR of your city and select ‘Bank Account’ option on IVR
- Option 1 after selecting the language.
- Select option #6 for ‘Complaints and Requests’ and option #2 for ‘Requests’
- Select option #8 for updating Aadhaar number and Validate using either ‘Customer Id and TIN’ or ‘Debit Card Number and PIN’
- Enter your Aadhaar number twice for Selected account number
- IVR will give a message ‘Your Aadhaar number will be updated within 3-4 working days’.
- You will receive an SMS confirmation with the ‘Request number and Date’ on your registered mobile number.
3) – Bank Branch
You can personally visit your nearest Branch for linking Aadhaar number with your Bank account.
- Fill the application form available at the Branch
- Please carry your original Aadhaar copy or E-Aadhaar for verification.
- After receipt of the request and complete documentation, your Aadhaar number will be updated within 3-4 working days
4) – Via SMS
This facility is only enabled for HDFC Bank’s customers who’s already registered for mobile alerts. simply follow the steps-
- You need to send an SMS to the 56161 for Aadhaar request as per below format. The syntax for sending the SMS is given below :
Aadhaar <space> 15 digit Bank Account Number <space> 12 digit Aadhaar Number
- After successful registration of Aadhaar number, You will get notified by receiving an SMS in your mobile inbox.
5) – Via ATM
To avail this facility you must have HDFC Bank ATM card. You can visit any HDFC Bank ATM and follow these steps-
- Visit HDFC bank ATM, insert ATM/Debit card and select “Aadhaar registration” option which is available under service category.
- ATM will prompt you to enter your Aadhaar number twice.
- On completion of the process, You will receive a receipt of seeding the request.
So, these are few simple ways to “Link Aadhaar card number to your HDFC Bank Account“. If you have any questions or suggestions about this post, please feel free to write in below comment box.
You can Also Check:
How To Link Aadhaar card number to your Axis Bank Account? Click here
How To Link Aadhaar card number to your ICICI Bank Account? Click here
How To Link Aadhaar card number to your Kotak Bank Account? Click here
Content retrieved from: https://easynsimpleway.com/link-aadhaar-card-number-to-your-hdfc-bank-account/.